Thursday, January 12, 2017

Not Asking Jesus If There Are Benefits or Stock Options, Getting Led Astray to Metaphysical and Cult Type of Churches, and I don't Want to Be an Only for the Moment Christian Posts-

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling



And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptized thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?  John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth One among you, Whom ye know not; He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, Whose shoe’s latchet I am not worthy to unloose.  These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.  The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  This is He of whom I said, After me cometh a Man which is preferred before me: for He was before me.  And I knew Him not: but that He should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.  And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon Him.  And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.  And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.  Again the next day after John stood, and the two of His disciples: and looking upon Jesus as He walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!  And the two disciples heard Him speak, and they followed Jesus.  Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye?  They said unto Him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest Thou?  He saith unto them, Come and see.  They came and saw where He dwelt, and abode with Him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.  One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother.  He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is being interpreted, the Christ.  And he brought him to Jesus.  And when Jesus beheld him, He said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.  The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow Me.  Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.  Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found Him, of whom Moses in the Law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.  John, Chapter 1, verses 25-45.

I think this passage is very moving.  It shows the dedication of the followers of Jesus.  John the Baptist spent his adult life not earning a good living, gaining status or climbing the ladder of success; but instead, he told people of the coming of Jesus.  John the Baptist had a very humble, but magnificent job!  Jesus’ disciples gave up their previous jobs and lifestyles to join Him.  They didn’t ask Jesus if there would be good benefits, what the stock options were or what was in it for them.  They just followed Jesus.
It’s sad that it would be difficult in this day and age for most of us, including me, to totally give up everything and follow Jesus.  I want to go in the direction where Jesus needs me just like the disciples who were willing to do as Jesus asked.



Then answered the Jews and said unto Him, What sign showest Thou unto us, seeing that Thou doest these things?  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt Thou rear it up in three days?  But He spake of the Temple of His Body.  When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the Word which Jesus had said, Now when He was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in His Name, when they saw the miracles which He did.  John, Chapter 2, verses 18-23.

This reminds me of Missouri, the Show Me State.  It’s kind of like we say to God, “I’ll believe that Jesus is our Savior if You show me the proof, if You show me a sign, if You show me…”
I think that’s how many Christians get led astray to metaphysical and cult types of churches.  They are looking for valid proof of Jesus’ existence and a concrete explanation for the creation of the world.  These metaphysical churches seem to appeal to them because they combine religion with science in a way that makes some kind of sense to them.
Jesus’ telling us that His body is going to be raised up on the third day defies any explanation, real or metaphysical.  It’s in the Bible and enough different disciples wrote about it from their perspective, so we know that no one made this up.  This allows us to compare what was foretold in the Bible years before Jesus’ birth with what the different disciples wrote.  That’s why reading the Bible is beneficial, especially for those that have doubts.
Even Thomas told the other disciples that he didn’t believe that Jesus had risen from the grave.  Knowing this, Jesus appeared to Thomas and told him to touch the nail prints in His hands and thrust his hand into His side in order for him to believe.  It really did happen!  Although it defies our human logic, Jesus arose from the grave to save us all from our sins.
I see Jesus’ work in my life each and every day in ways that defy all explanation.  I try to turn my life over to God and turn to Him to take care of my daily issues and concerns.  He gives me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding to get through the tough times.  He is always there taking care of me.


Then answered the Jews and said unto Him, What sign showest Thou unto us, seeing that Thou doest these things?  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt Thou rear it up in three days?  But He spake of the Temple of His Body.  When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the Word which Jesus had said, Now when He was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in His Name, when they saw the miracles which He did.  John, Chapter 2, verses 18-23.

This reminds me of Missouri, the Show Me State.  It’s kind of like we say to God, “I’ll believe that Jesus is our Savior if You show me the proof, if You show me a sign, if You show me…”
I think that’s how many Christians get led astray to metaphysical and cult types of churches.  They are looking for valid proof of Jesus’ existence and a concrete explanation for the creation of the world.  These metaphysical churches seem to appeal to them because they combine religion with science in a way that makes some kind of sense to them.

Jesus’ telling us that His body is going to be raised up on the third day defies any explanation, real or metaphysical.  It’s in the Bible and enough different disciples wrote about it from their perspective, so we know that no one made this up.  This allows us to compare what was foretold in the Bible years before Jesus’ birth with what the different disciples wrote.  That’s why reading the Bible is beneficial, especially for those that have doubts.

Even Thomas told the other disciples that he didn’t believe that Jesus had risen from the grave.  Knowing this, Jesus appeared to Thomas and told him to touch the nail prints in His hands and thrust his hand into His side in order for him to believe.  It really did happen!  Although it defies our human logic, Jesus arose from the grave to save us all from our sins.

I see Jesus’ work in my life each and every day in ways that defy all explanation, but I do.  I try to turn my life over to God and turn to Him to take care of my daily issues and concerns.  He gives me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding to get through the tough times.  He is always there taking care of me. Jesus’ rising from the grave to save us from our sins defies all explanation…but it’s true!!!!


If ye abide in Me, and My Words abide in You, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit: so shall ye be My disciples.  As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.  If ye keep My Commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father’s Commandments, and abide in His love.  These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  This is My Commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  Greater love hath no man than this that a Man lay down His life for His friends.  Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  Henceforth I call you no servants: for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you.  John, Chapter 15, verses 7-15.
I don’t want to take this lightly, being an “Only for the Moment Christian,” then falling back into my old sinful ways again.  Jesus gave His life for me and for you.  He deserves a little more recognition than an occasional mention on special religious holidays or when we feel the need to go to church for family traditions.  He sacrificed so much for us which should warrant us trying to make a committed effort to be the Christian that Jesus would want us to be.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives