Monday, September 5, 2016

Those Who Validate Atrocities to Those Different From Us, Get Off Your High Horse, and Relying on Someone Else's Opinion posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.  O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the Light of the Lord.  Isaiah, Chapter 2, verses 4-5.

This is a very famous passage.  There is another passage in the Bible that is the complete opposite, telling people to beat their plowshares into swords and spears.  Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say I am strong.  Joel, Chapter 3, verse 10

These passages tell me that God has times when we are to fight for the causes He wants.  Then there are times when we aren’t to fight and are to try to maintain peace in all aspects of our lives, if at all possible.


And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.  And the idols He shall utterly abolish.  And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the Glory of His Majesty, when He ariseth to shake terribly the earth.  Isaiah, Chapter 2, verses 17-19.

I remember my father reminding me not to get so high and mighty when I was spouting off about something.  I’m glad he drew my attention to it.  I don’t want God coming to me someday saying, “Debbie, get off your high horse.  You think you’re someone special just because you have a Master’s degree.  If you spent less time focused on your career and your ‘stuff,’ you’d have more time to focus on Me and what I want for you.  It would have been nice if you could have joined Me in heaven, but you had your chance and blew it on worldly things-so sad!”


The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Isaiah, Chapter 40, verse 3.

When a new movie comes out on the market, there are some who won’t go to see it immediately.  They don’t just believe the advertisements that the movie producers put out.  They are cautious, waiting until they see the movie reviews first to make sure it’s going to be good.  Well, I think that’s why John the Baptist was important.  Others had to hear him say that Jesus was our Savior before they would be open to believing.  Those that heard John the Baptist profess this were more willing to risk believing in Jesus.
Isn’t it strange that some have to hear someone else’s opinion before they are willing to take risks?  Well, there are people out there who aren’t going to get to know Jesus as their Savior unless they hear us share the positive influence Jesus has in our lives.  It makes me realize that I have a bigger responsibility than I was aware of.  My sitting quietly, rationalizing why it’s not a good time to share this information with others may keep someone else from getting to heaven.

Here are some related passages from the New Testament:
*For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make His paths straight.  Matthew, Chapter 3, verse 3.

*For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send My messenger before Thy face, which shall prepare Thy way before Thee.  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.  Matthew, Chapter 11, verses 10-12.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives