Thursday, July 21, 2016

Jesus Wiped Our Tally Chart Clean, What Does a Light House Have to Do With This Passage?, Too Independent for My Own Good posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling



If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.  Jeremiah, Chapter 18, verse 8.

I remember staying at my aunt’s house for a couple of weeks during the summer.  We had wonderful fun watching the “Soaps,” eating fried egg sandwiches and just spending time together.  The girl next door had an above ground pool.  I had been envious of her since I had gotten there.  At the end of my vacation at my aunt’s, the neighbor invited me over for a pool party.  I wasn’t allowed to go so I ranted and raved around the house, having a “royal hissy fit” because I didn’t get my way.
My aunt had been there supporting me all along like God supports us.  Then the minute I didn’t get everything I wanted, I had a fit and acted like everything wonderful didn’t matter anymore.  I’m sure she must have been hurt by my ungrateful behavior, the same as God is hurt through ours.
Once I calmed down and realized how unreasonable I was, I apologized and my aunt forgave me, much in the same way that God forgives us, even when we have behaved hatefully.  My aunt’s forgiving nature, not harboring resentments, allowed us to enjoy our last days of my vacation, creating fond memories to last a lifetime.  Fortunately, God doesn’t keep a tally sheet of all our shortcomings because Jesus wiped it clean.  He doesn’t harbor resentments for our sinful deeds.  What an awe inspiring and wonderful God!



Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.  Psalm, Chapter 119, verse 105.
This passage has special significance to me because my husband collects light houses.  My thoughtful step-sons, daughter-in-law and grandchildren got my husband a light house shower curtain for a gift.  When we moved into our house, I decided to paint light houses on the bathroom wall to go with the shower curtain.
My twelve year-old grandson drew the light houses free-hand and I painted them.  Being inspired when the painting was completed; I looked for a Bible passage to paint over the door to make a connection between God and the light houses.  There were several passages to choose from, although none spoke specifically about light houses.  I couldn’t decide, so I prayed and asked God for guidance.  I decided to use a portion of this passage: Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.  Psalm, Chapter 119, verse 105.
When we went to church with our grandsons that evening, one of the songs was Thy Word Is a Lamp Unto My Feet, and a Light Unto My Path.  At that point, I knew that God had me choose the passage that He wanted.  I was so excited that it was hard to wait until after church to tell my husband and grandsons all about it.  This passage pops back into my mind, at times when I’m feeling frustrated or discouraged.


Teach me to do Thy will for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.  Psalm, Chapter 143, verse 10.

Sometimes, I get too independent for my own good.  I figure that since I’m a Christian and a basically good person, I can see when someone needs help and just take care of it.  I’m starting to realize that the “I’s” and “Me’s” get me no where and I need to start praying for God’s guidance, first.  Sometimes I have rushed in to help someone, thinking “I” knew what was best for them, only to find out that I had undermined their dignity without realizing it.  It sure knocked my “Christian ego” down a few notches and hopefully, I will be more aware of this in the future.

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives