Monday, July 25, 2016

I Wouldn't Want God to Put Me on the Back Shelf, With Music, Do We Throw the Baby Out With the Bath Water?, Watching where We Are Walking posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling



He telleth the number of the stars: He calleth them all by their names.  Great is our LORD, and of great power: His understanding is infinite.  The LORD lifteth up the meek: He casteth the wicked down to the ground.  Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Who covereth the heaven with clouds, Who prepareth rain for the earth, Who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.  He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young raven which cry.  Psalm, Chapter 147, verses 4-9.

This passage had the word thanksgiving in it long before there were any Pilgrims and national holidays.  When David talks about thanksgiving, he has the right idea.  God provides for us and all the creatures of the world.  My focus at Thanksgiving shouldn’t be on which recipes to cook, so that my relatives brag on the spread they had at our house.  Instead, my focus should consistently be on God, thanking Him for all He does for me.  I shouldn’t just thank Him on religious holidays.  I wonder what it might be like the other way around.  God would take care of my concerns on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.  The rest of the year, God would put me back on the shelf to wait; because I interfered with all the things He was doing during the year.  I sure wouldn’t want the tables turned!
Here is a related passage:
*Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but Me: for there is no Saviour beside Me.  I did know thee in the wilderness, in the land of great drought.  According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten Me.  Hosea, Chapter 13, verses 4-6.




Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs.  Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals.  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD, Praise ye the LORD.  Psalm, Chapter 150, verses 4-6.

I realize that some types of music present subject matter and promote beliefs and actions that don’t always glorify God.  There have been styles of dancing that are less apt to be what God would approve of than others.  I think that sometimes we “throw the baby out with the bath water”.  Here is another time that we are encouraged to sing and dance, showing our love of God.  In my opinion, this shows that singing and dancing, in and of themselves aren’t bad, especially when they are done to glorify God.  Of course, we need to have balance in all things.




Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.  Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.  Proverbs, Chapter 4, verses 26-27.

I remember walking with a friend on a dirt road that ran along the far side of my elementary school.  I was rambling on about something as I walked, only to be stopped by the squeals of delight from my walking partner.  She had found a silver dollar in my tracks.
I had been so busy focused on something else that I hadn't watched where I was walking, as she had.  If I had paid attention to what I was doing and where I was going, I would have been the person who found the treasure. 

Well, Christians also have to watch where they are going and whether the choices they are making are leading them astray.   The worldly things in life can lead us off our path of faith.  If we focus on God’s Will for us, as stated in the Bible, we are more apt to find the treasure of Salvation at the end of our road.

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives