Thursday, June 30, 2016

Satan Works a Subtle Wedge When We Talk About Others, Needing to Listen Respectfully to the Advice of My Elders, and God Is Always Willing to Take Us Back posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling



But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.  1 Peter, Chapter 4, verses 15-16.

It’s easy to become self-righteous thinking, “Well, at least I haven’t killed anyone or stolen anything.”  It’s humbling to read how God feels that busybodies are just as sinful.  Getting caught up in talking about others is one of the ways that Satan works a subtle wedge in the lives of Christians.  It’s easy to get caught up in gossip, but we need to take a stand.  Sometimes just ignoring a situation is condoning that behavior.  It’s not always easy to let people know that you feel uncomfortable talking about others, but God will give you the words, if you let Him.
Here are some related passages:
*Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.  Ephesians, Chapter 4, verse 29.
*Let all bitterness, and wrath and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.  Ephesians, Chapter 4, verses 31-32.


Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.  Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.  1 Peter, Chapter 5, verses 5-7.

I remember becoming frustrated with people who were older who gave me common sense advice.  I thought that they must think I’m stupid.
Later, God showed me that I needed to listen respectfully to the advice of my elders.  It didn’t hurt me to listen, even though I already knew what they were telling me.  It made them feel better, because they were passing on some insight that they felt would be helpful to me.  I now realize that they do this out of love.
When I’m older, I sure wouldn’t want younger people treating me as if my advice didn’t matter.  I think this passage is important to remember.  If we aren’t good role models to the younger generation about being respectful to our elders, how will they know to be respectful to us when we’re older?

And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.  And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.  But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him. If thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.  When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His Voice: (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which He sware unto them.  Deuteronomy, Chapter 4, verses 27-31.

I love reading passages like this.  God tells us how angry He is when we turn away from Him, but He also loves us and is willing to forgive us if we turn back to Him.  I think it’s appropriate that we call Him, God the Father, because He loves us as a parent would, only in a much more pure and consistent way.
When we were kids and ran through the house, knocking over a lamp and breaking it, our parents were unhappy.  We might have had a consequence for not following the rules, but our parents still loved us.  That was even more evident after we came to them to apologize for breaking the rules.
God is always willing to take us back and forgive us no matter how many times we missed church, used His Name in vain or acted in unchristian ways.  If we truly turn to Him, God is always there to forgive us and accept us, but we need to be committed enough to try to be examples of how He works in our lives.
Here are some related passages:
*Go and proclaim these Words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.  Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My Voice, saith the LORD.  Jeremiah, Chapter 3, verses 12-13.
*If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent Me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 3.
*Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God?  shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the first of my body for the sin of my soul?  He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?  Micah, Chapter 6, verses 6-8.

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives