Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pure Joy of Doing Something Nice for Another Person, Everyday We Have a Fresh Start...Thanks to Jesus, and God Will Take Care of My Weaknesses If I Let Him posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.  Colossians 3, verses 23-24.

This makes me think about Random Acts of Simple Kindness and Love.  This is when people secretly do nice things for others (this could be for people you know or complete strangers.)  These anonymous acts aren't done for any reward or praise, but are just for the pleasure it brings to do nice things for others.
I think God is saying that because we love Him, we are to have that same attitude in all we do.  We should take pleasure in doing nice things for others, not for any reward or praise, but because we enjoy doing nice things for God.  Actually, it’s exhilarating when you do nice things for others without letting anyone know you did them!  It’s really very special to know that you have been allowed to be an instrument for God by being involved in one of His little miracles for someone else.  If you have never done things like this before, you should try it!  There is nothing quite like the pure joy of doing something nice for another person without getting caught up in bragging to others about what you did.  You do it just because it’s something God would like you to do.  Try it!


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold, all things are become new.  2 Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 17.

I know my comparison can’t come anywhere close to the impact this passage has on our lives as Christians.  In my second grade class I have a Good Choices Chart.  Those who are making good choices have their clothes pins in a particular area of the chart.  There is another area of the chart where students move their clothes pin if they make poor choices as a reminder for them to refocus.  I like to empower students so that they feel capable of turning things around.  I let them do things to help around the class to earn it off.  Afterwards, they can put their clothespin back in the good choices section.  Students start all over with their clothespins in the Good Choices section each and every day.
Well, Salvation is kind of like this chart.  When we are behaving in sinful ways and are caught up in a self-focused lifestyle, our clothespins would be in the poor choices section.  Sometimes God will have things happen in our lives, drawing our attention to our need to refocus.  Once we ask God for forgiveness and try to turn our lives around, we don’t have to do something tangible to earn off the clothespin.  Jesus did that for us through His death and Resurrection!  We just need to do our best to continue to live as examples of how God works in our lives.  When we slip, just like the chart, everyday we have a fresh start...thanks to Jesus.  God never gives up on us.


For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians, Chapter 12, verses 8-10.

This is really from Paul speaking about a vision he had from God.  Even though he asked Jesus to take away his burden, His reply was, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
It reminds me of when God asked Moses to talk to the Pharaoh to let God’s people go and for Moses to lead these people to the Promised Land.  Moses told God that he wouldn’t make a very good leader because he wasn’t a good speaker.  God told him not to worry about it because he was the person that God wanted to lead His people. (Paraphrased)
I’m ashamed to say that there have been times when God has led me to be a witness to someone else and I told God through my actions, “That’s not my thing, God.  I’m not the type who is good at confronting people and telling them about You.  Why don’t you save it for someone else from those other religions that don’t mind being embarrassed by going door to door and confronting people?  Now, if You need someone to do a low-risk thing like saying a prayer for someone or giving a little money to the needy, then I’m your person.”
I need to remember that God will take care of my weaknesses if I let Him, and will provide the strength necessary to do whatever He wants, just like He did for Moses.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

Translate

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

AmeriCares.org

AmeriCares.org
Saving Lives World Wide

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives

Link