Thursday, December 17, 2015

I Let Food or Possession Become Too Important, The Peace Which Passes All Understanding, I've Been a Do As I Say, Not as I Do Christian Posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.  If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.  John, Chapter 14, verses 6-7.

Knowing how patient, understanding and forgiving Jesus is gives me a clear picture of God the Father who is exactly the same.  Fortunately for me, since I need lots of patience and forgiveness.  I tend to keep making the same mistakes over and over again by getting caught up in feeling self-righteous about things, judging other people and letting food or possessions become too important in my life (just to mention a few of my many shortcomings.)


Verily, verily, I say unto you.  He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do it.  If ye love Me, Keep My Commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever.  John, Chapter 14, verses 12-16.

When my son was born, he had to be rushed to a large hospital hours away from us for a life-threatening surgery.  It can be pretty lonely when the nurses bring out the babies for their mothers to hold and your arms are empty.  Fortunately, the Comforter (Holy Spirit) had given me what I call the Peace Which Passes All Understanding.  It’s a calm feeling when I would normally be really upset or extremely concerned.  Instead, I felt at peace knowing that God was taking excellent care of things so that I shouldn’t worry…and He did! Click on this post's title to read a related Bible passage.


He that hath My Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.  John, Chapter 14, verse 21.
I have often been more of a “Do as I Say, Not as I Do Christian.”  It’s sure a lot easier to tell others how they should live their lives according to what God tells us in the Bible, than to actually live as the example He wants.
Here is a related passage:

*He that receiveth you receiveth Me, and he that receiveth Me receiveth Him that sent Me.  Matthew, Chapter 10, verse 40.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives