Thursday, December 10, 2015

I Could Have Been a Little Skeptical, Saying When I Get Around to It, Jesus, and Truth, Mommy. Truth Posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


If I do not the works of My Father, believe Me not.  But if I do, though ye believe not Me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.  John, Chapter 10, verses 37-38.

It amazes me.  The Israelites were told for generations that there would be a Savior and they waited for Him all those years.  When Jesus, the Savior, did come, they didn’t believe Him.  Now, you might be able to understand why they might not believe Him just because He tells them that He is the Savior.  I guess I could have been a little skeptical at that point, as well.  Jesus knows they are doubtful and does major miracles like making people see who had been blind from birth, making the lame walk, bringing the dead back to life, taking water and making it into wine and taking a little bread and a few fish and making it feed thousands.
He did major miracles so people would realize He isn’t just any man who is saying that He is the Savior.  He really IS the Savior!!  His miracles and all His actions attested to this, but still people don’t believe Him.  We have record in the Bible of all the great things that Jesus did and said, but He gives us a choice.  Do you believe Him?  I hope for your sake you do!


Jesus said unto her, I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.  Believest thou this? She saith unto Him, Yea, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.  And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, the Master is come, and calleth for thee.  As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto Him.  John, Chapter 11, verses 25-29.

This passage reminds me of asking kids to come do something and you hear, “In a minute,” “During the commercial,” or “When I get around to it.”  Actually, I have been guilty of saying the exact same things myself.  As Christians, do we jump up and respond when we feel Jesus is calling us to do something or do we tell Him, “When I get around to it”?


For when the Gentiles, which have not the Law, do by nature the things contained in the Law, these, having not the Law, are a Law unto themselves: Which show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.  In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to My Gospel.  Romans, Chapter 2, verses 14-16.

Our family had a policy that if our children told the truth, there would be a lighter consequence to try to reinforce their being honest.  I remember hearing my pre-school aged son at the other end of the house saying, “Truth, Mommy.  Truth,” when he had done something that he knew he wasn’t supposed to do.
I’m proud to say that my children have grown to trust the instincts that God gives them through their conscience, much more than I ever did. Click on this post's title to read a related Bible passage.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

Translate

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

AmeriCares.org

AmeriCares.org
Saving Lives World Wide

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives

Link