Thursday, August 6, 2015

Needing a Round Tuit, Pep Talk from Jesus, and Hiding My Light Posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.  And He saith unto them, Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.  And they straightway left their nets, and followed Him.  Matthew, Chapter 4, verses 18-20.

I remember getting a round hot pad called a “Round Tuit.”  It’s a gag gift you give to people who always answer that they will do things when they get “around to it.”  I realize that the disciples didn’t even know Jesus, but when He asked them to be fishers of men, the disciples dropped everything, no questions asked.  In contrast, here I am asking for a “Round Tuit” saying by my actions, “Well, I’m busy right now, God, but I might talk to others about the impact You’ve left on my life when I get around to it.” Click on the post title to read related Bible passages.


And He opened His Mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.  Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.  Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 2-12.
I picture this as a pep talk with Jesus as the coach of a team of Christians.  He might say something like, “Of course there are teams that get ahead because they do unethical things, and the ones focused on playing a good honest game on earth don’t get ahead.  I know the team takes a hit for playing the game ethically and sometimes gets laughed at.  I know you definitely don’t rake in the big bucks and status the way other players do.  I promise that you will have your compensation in heaven for all your hard work and sacrifice on My behalf.  Your efforts never go unnoticed and will be repaid.  Keep up the good work and don’t let the world get you down!”Click on the post title to read related Bible passages.


Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick: and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.  Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 14-16.

I’ve kept my relationship with God hidden under a bushel for most of my life.  I’m not much for walking door to door to talk to strangers about God.  I haven’t done much to try to actively convert people.  I guess writing this book isn’t any big-time “shining” when you think about it.  I’m sharing this information in a low risk fashion.  I need to make more of an attempt to take the risks that God needs me to on His behalf.  I guess I have to start somewhere and this is it.  I will see where God leads me from here.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives