Our Christian Duty

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.  Proverbs, Chapter 25, verses 21-22.

The United States has been involved in trying to deal with the terrorist actions that took place on September 11, 2001.  When they were trying to find the terrorists, many were compassionate to the starving people of that country.  I heard that they sent food for approximately 6,000 people on a daily basis.

At first when I heard this, I was really frustrated.  I thought we are helping the enemy who tried to devastate our country through terrorist acts of violence.  Then I realized that I was being very self-centered and decided that it’s our Christian duty to take care of all those starving people.  Sometimes the human side of me sneaks in and undermines my Christian ethics.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie