With Music, Do We Throw the Baby Out With the Bath Water?

Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs.  Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals.  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD, Praise ye the LORD.  Psalm, Chapter 150, verses 4-6.

I realize that some types of music present subject matter and promote beliefs and actions that don’t always glorify God.  There have been styles of dancing that are less apt to be what God would approve of than others.  I think that sometimes we “throw the baby out with the bath water”.  Here is another time that we are encouraged to sing and dance, showing our love of God.  In my opinion, this shows that singing and dancing, in and of themselves aren’t bad, especially when they are done to glorify God.  Of course, we need to have balance in all things.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie