Too Independent for My Own Good

Teach me to do Thy will for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.  Psalm, Chapter 143, verse 10.

Sometimes, I get too independent for my own good.  I figure that since I’m a Christian and a basically good person, I can see when someone needs help and just take care of it.  I’m starting to realize that the “I’s” and “Me’s” get me no where and I need to start praying for God’s guidance, first.  Sometimes I have rushed in to help someone, thinking “I” knew what was best for them, only to find out that I had undermined their dignity without realizing it.  It sure knocked my “Christian ego” down a few notches and hopefully, I will be more aware of this in the future.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie