Turning to Bible Passages for Comfort

The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.  Psalm, Chapter 23, verses 1-6.

I like this passage because it’s so comforting.  Sometimes when I’m afraid in the dark, I think of this passage.  (Sometimes when my husband goes out of town for conferences, I hear noises that scare me in the night.)
No, I haven’t memorized it all word for word.  I don’t think a person has to be able to do that in order to be close to God.  (It is nice to be able to do that though, because it’s like carrying special messages from God with you all the time.  Bible passages are handy to know in case a friend needs to be comforted by them.)  Even though I don’t know this passage by heart, God comforts me when I think about it.  Then I don’t seem to be afraid anymore.
Here are some related passages:

*Lead me in Thy Truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my Salvation: on Thee do I wait all the day.  Remember, O LORD, Thy tender mercies and Thy loving kindnesses: for they have been ever of old.  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy goodness’ sake, O LORD.  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will He teach sinners in the way.  The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach His way. All the paths of the LORD are mercy and Truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.  Psalm, Chapter 25, verses 5-10.
*Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.  Psalm, Chapter 31, verse 24.
*The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.  Psalm, Chapter 34, verse 7.
*The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.  Psalm, Chapter 34, verse 15.
*But the Salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: He is their strength in the time of trouble.  And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.  Psalm, Chapter 37, verses 39-40.
*He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my defence; I shall not be moved.  In God is my Salvation and my glory: the Rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us.  Selah.  Psalm, Chapter 62, verses 6-8.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie