Trusting God's Judgment on This

It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.  Leviticus, Chapter 3, verse 17.

I just thought this was interesting.  I never liked eating fat to start with, but this makes me glad that I don’t eat it.  I thought that the part about not eating meat with the blood in it had more to do with God protecting us from health problems that could arise from the blood.  I recently heard a minister say that Christians weren't to eat meat with the blood in it, because the blood is the life of the animal and it was used in the sacrifices.  There is a passage below that explains this more.  I don’t really know much about all of this.  I just know that if God tells me not to eat fat or meat with the blood in it, then I don’t want to do it.  I don’t have to know all the reasons why.
It’s kind of like when we tell our children that they shouldn’t drink and drive.  We don’t want them to challenge our authority and try to find out first hand about all the consequences that could possibly come from drinking and driving.  It’s not an issue about whether we trust that they know when to stop drinking prior to driving.  It’s not an issue of whether we think they are safe drivers.  (That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t try to explain some of these consequences to our children.)  What we really want them to do is trust our judgment about this situation and just not drink and drive.  Well, I think God wants us to follow certain things just because He has asked us to.  I think that is a sign of our faith in Him.

Here are some related passages:
*Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or of beast, in any of your dwellings.  Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.  Leviticus, Chapter 7, verses 26-27.
*And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set My face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.  For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.  Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.  And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.  For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.  Leviticus, Chapter 17, verses 10-14.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie