These Passages List Several Things of Concern

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.  Leviticus, Chapter 19, verse 26.

In addition to the part about not eating things with the blood in it, God is also letting us know that He doesn't want us using enchantments (casting spells-things like witchcraft) or observing time (like horoscopes, etc.).  I get concerned when I see how many weekly television series and movies are devoted to witchcraft or Satanic themes.  It concerns me that this may become so commonplace that people think nothing of it-the same way that using God’s Name in vain has become so common that people don’t even realize they are doing it.
………………………………………………………………………………
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.  Leviticus, Chapter 19, verse 28.

I’m not sure I totally understand this verse, but I thought it was noteworthy because I think it’s possibly talking about tattoos and things like body piercing, although I’m not totally positive.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie