Concerns About the Mark of the Beast

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  Here is wisdom.  Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.  Revelation, Chapter 13, verses 16-18.
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.  Revelation, Chapter 14, verse 11.
You don’t have to truly understand things to be careful.  I don’t truly understand why I shouldn’t microwave food in plastic bowls, but credible people have said that this can be harmful, so I just don’t do it!
I can’t attest to understanding all of Revelation or Daniel, Chapter 10 through Chapter 12, but I do know enough to be careful when I see a warning.  It talks about people losing their Salvation by getting the mark of the beast in either their right hand or their forehead.  People won’t able to buy or sell things unless they get this mark.  Every now and then I get concerned when I hear about discussions within the government to take security precautions that might be similar to the mark of the beast.
It’s very commonplace for people to use credit cards to purchase things in stores or over the Internet.  The papers and magazines are riddled with columns about rampant identity theft, not to mention hackers who are hacking into computer systems to get vital information.  I’m concerned that they will institute security measures that are similar to the mark of the beast, whether it’s a number, a computer chip or something else to protect people from identity theft.
What worries me even more, is that I think people will be so excited about having this extra security that protects them, they won’t even realize that they are getting the mark of the beast and are losing their Salvation in the process.  We are warned to have wisdom.  Be cautious about what you do and trust the instincts that God gives you.  He will guide you by these.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie