Prayer Chains...

Is any among you afflicted?  let him pray.  Is any merry? let him sing psalms.  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.  The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James, Chapter 5, verses 13-16.

I like the way that some of the churches I have gone to have a prayer chain.  When someone brings a special need to the attention of this group, they call the next person on their list and then there are a multitude of people praying for this same cause.  Having the additional prayers of the prayer chain gave me a sense of relief when I asked them to pray for my friend’s husband and my uncle when they both had bypass surgery.
I have since realized that if I think the prayer chain is such a positive thing, I should try to give something back by volunteering to be a member of the prayer chain, as well.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.