Only One True God!!!

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.  He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is a partaker of his evil deeds. 2 John, Chapter 1:9-11.

There are groups that say “Your higher power as you understand him,”or, “ god as you understand him.”  At first, I thought this was a polite way of acknowledging people’s different beliefs.  Then, as I read the Bible more, I realized that every time I said this, I was condoning the other people’s concept of god as being God, but that wasn’t right.  The Bible lets me know that I’m not supposed to condone any other concept of god.  There is only One True God.  Facsimiles just won’t work!  (That doesn’t mean that I’m supposed to be rude or judgmental of people who believe differently than I do.)  It does mean that I shouldn’t give credit to their version of god as being The One True God.

Here are some related passages:
*And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.  Exodus, Chapter 23, verse 13.
*Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God.  Psalm, Chapter 90, verse 2.
*Unto thee it was shown that thou mightest know that the LORD He is God, there is none else beside Him.  Deuteronomy, Chapter 4, verse 35.
*For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.  Psalm, Chapter 96, verse 5.
*I am the LORD: that is My Name: and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images.  Isaiah, Chapter 42, verse 8.
*Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the LORD of Hosts; I am the First, and I am the Last; and beside Me there is no God.  Isaiah, Chapter 44, verse 6.
*Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even My witnesses.  Is there a God beside Me?  yea, there is no God; I know not any.  Isaiah, Chapter 44, verse 8.
*Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by Myself.  Isaiah, Chapter 44, verse 24.
*I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside Me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me: that they may know from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none beside Me.  I am the LORD, and there is none else.  Isaiah, Chapter 45, verses 5-6.
*For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.  I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye Me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.  Isaiah, Chapter 45, verses 18-19.
*Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else: I am God, and there is none like Me.  Isaiah, Chapter 46, verse 9.
*Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the First, I also am the Last.  Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call upon them, they stand up together.  Isaiah, Chapter 48, verses 12-13.
*What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?  Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.  But the Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before Him.  Habakkuk, Chapter 2, verses 18-20.
*There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, Who is above all, and through all, and in you all.  Ephesians, Chapter 4, verses 4-6.

You wouldn’t think God should have to repeat it over and over throughout the Bible, but people are weak.  They get distracted and become vulnerable to other people and other religious groups and cultures.  Since He knows we are very forgetful, He keeps reminding us that He and He alone is the only God as you can see through all of these Bible passages.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie