God Doesn't Want Me to Be a So-So Christian...

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;  And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.  2 Peter, Chapter 2, verses 4 -9.

I’m reminded that God didn’t spare the fallen angels (Satan and his followers).  He did spare Noah and his family and the rest of the people in the world perished in the flood due to their beliefs and lifestyle choices.  God saved Lot and the rest of Gomorrha perished due to their beliefs and lifestyle choices.
God is definitely not telling me that it’s okay to be a “So-so Christian” and that I’ll get to heaven anyway.  I feel He’s telling me that all these people perished for their wayward beliefs and choices.  Only those who were dedicated to God were saved.  I need to be equally dedicated to my belief in God if I want to be saved too.  God knows that I won’t be perfect, but He also knows what’s in my heart and if I’m genuinely trying be an example of how He works in my life.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.