God is Always Willing to Take Us Back...

And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.  And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.  But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him. If thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.  When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His Voice: (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which He sware unto them.  Deuteronomy, Chapter 4, verses 27-31.

I love reading passages like this.  God tells us how angry He is when we turn away from Him, but He also loves us and is willing to forgive us if we turn back to Him.  I think it’s appropriate that we call Him, God the Father, because He loves us as a parent would, only in a much more pure and consistent way.
When we were kids and ran through the house, knocking over a lamp and breaking it, our parents were unhappy.  We might have had a consequence for not following the rules, but our parents still loved us.  That was even more evident after we came to them to apologize for breaking the rules.
God is always willing to take us back and forgive us no matter how many times we missed church, used His Name in vain or acted in unchristian ways.  If we truly turn to Him, God is always there to forgive us and accept us, but we need to be committed enough to try to be examples of how He works in our lives.
Here are some related passages:
*Go and proclaim these Words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.  Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My Voice, saith the LORD.  Jeremiah, Chapter 3, verses 12-13.
*If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent Me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 3.

*Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God?  shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the first of my body for the sin of my soul?  He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?  Micah, Chapter 6, verses 6-8.


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie