Regretting Being So Shallow

But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  James, Chapter 4, verses 16-17.

This passage makes me sad because I know I have been guilty of this more times than I would like to mention.  I was teaching in a suburb of a larger city with more affluent families.  A friend who teaches there asked me to go to the city with her to read with some “inner city” kids after school.  Instead, I chose to co-sponsor the Art Club, doing projects with those more affluent.  I regret being so shallow.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.