Does God Tempt Us?

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.  Do not err, my beloved brethren.  James, Chapter 1, verses 13-16.

It was very interesting for me to read this.  Somehow, I was under the impression that God tempted us to test us, but I was wrong.  It’s our own sinful human nature that is tempted by things.  Our choice to follow these temptations or to turn to God is what makes the difference.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.