Blind Faith and Taking Risks

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.  By faith, Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which He condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.  By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.  Hebrews, Chapter 11:6-8.

You really should read all of Hebrews, Chapter 11.  It tells of person after person throughout Biblical history who did the Will of God based on faith alone.  It makes me think about how these accomplishments would never have happened if they hadn’t listened to God because they were worried what their friends and neighbors would think of them.
It makes me wonder if I would be willing to take these same risks if God asked me.  Would I have the blind faith necessary, trusting God would take care of everything?  Hopefully, God would give me the willingness to respond to His requests.  Where would we be right now if Noah had said to God that he wasn’t quite sure whether he should build the ark because he was afraid his friends and neighbors would be talking about him and he didn’t want to risk the embarrassment?  Food for thought!

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.