Temptations That Satan Dangles in Front of Me...

Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.  1 Corinthians, Chapter 10, verses 11-13.

As Christians, we will have our share of temptations.  Do you really think Satan just sits back and says, “Oh, they’re Christians.  I’ll leave them alone.  Well, God’s got one up on me.”  That isn’t my impression of Satan.  I feel he tries to lead Christians astray in a wide variety of ways.  Sometimes they are really obvious ways like: money, drinking, drugs, gambling, infidelity, etc.
Sometimes, Satan works in very subtle ways like: eating, control issues, gossiping, etc.  God is telling us that although He knows we are going to be tempted, we will never be tempted beyond our capabilities as long as we focus on Him.  He will never leave us, but we are in control of the choices we make.  I pray that I always choose God rather than the temptations that Satan dangles in front of me.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.