Rather Than Getting Ahead in the World...

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.  Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth.  1 Corinthians, Chapter 10, verses 23-24.

I think God says that “Balance in All Things” is good.  Having money, a house and a car are alright to own, but too much focus on any of these can lead us astray.
In addition to that, focusing on worldly goods makes us poor examples of how God works in our lives.  We are supposed to focus on helping others rather than “Getting Ahead in the World.”

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.