Reading the Bible Calms Me Down and Comforts Me...

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.  Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans, Chapter 15, verses 4-6.

When I get upset about things or worried about family situations, I will often pick up the Bible.  I don’t usually open it to the spot where I left off the last time.  I pick up the Bible with both hands and open it and read whatever is on those pages.  I always say a little prayer first for God to take care of my understanding, comprehension and retention.  Although it doesn’t happen every time, it’s amazing how many times I open the Bible to pages that specifically relate to my particular situation.  I feel God guides me to the particular pages He wants me to read which calm me down and comfort me, just like this passage says.


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.