Glorigying God in the Midst of Extreme Tribulation...

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience experience, and experience hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us; For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  Romans, Chapter 5, verses 3-6.
Don’t you just admire people who can thank God in the midst of all types of disaster and tribulation?  I remember when I would get frustrated when things didn’t turn out the way I wanted.  My father would tell me that those experiences gave me character.  I think God is telling us the same thing in this passage, as my father used to tell me.  If I’m cursing God when things go wrong, am I being a good example of how Jesus works in my life?
The best example I have ever seen of people glorifying God in the midst of extreme tribulation, next to Job, goes to my aunt and her family who experienced an unusually tragic loss of loved ones.  Some would have been bitter and hateful, but they were examples of their faith to all those who were touched by this loss.  I’m not sure I would have fared as well, but God in His infinite mercy will bless them with The Peace Which Passes All Understanding to survive the pain of their loss.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 


Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie