Don't Have to be Rich or on the Society Page...

Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the Word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.  For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for Salvation unto the ends of the earth.  And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the Word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.  Acts, Chapter 13, verse 46-48.

There was a time when I was confused because the Bible would talk about the Jews being the promised people.  I wondered how I was going to get to heaven since I’m not Jewish.  But this says Salvation is for all people to the ends of the world, which includes me.  A person just has to believe Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all in order to go to heaven.  I’m so thankful!  What a simple request.  I don’t have to be born to royalty.  I don’t have to be rich or on the society page.  I don’t have to look or dress a certain way.  I just have to believe in Jesus.  How much simpler could it get?
If God conveyed this to Peter, do you think He wants us treating different races in an undignified manner?  I don’t think it makes Him happy to know how we have race and social class divisions.  We can personally make a change in how we interact with others and serve as role models at the same time.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.