Undaunted by those Unable or Unwilling to Contribute...

And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the Name of Jesus, and let them go.  And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His Name.  And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.  Acts, Chapter 5, verses 40-42.

My son was committed to raising money for “Jerry’s Kids.”  I tried to encourage my children to be sensitive to the needs of the less fortunate.  This fourth grade student went from house to house all weekend long collecting money.  Undaunted by those who were unable or unwilling to contribute, his determination led him to collect a record amount for this worthy cause.  Earlier, I had suggested that he had done enough and should think of quitting but he wouldn’t give up until he felt he had done his very best for this cause.  I need to be as dedicated to my beliefs, regardless of what others think.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.