Not Taking Undeserved Credit...

And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and having made Blastus the king’s chamberlain their friend, desired peace, because their country was nourished by the king’s country.  And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.  And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.  But the Word of God grew and multiplied.  Acts, Chapter 12, verses 20-24.

This makes me think of times when God gives me a clever idea.  People will sometimes compliment me on them and ask how I came up with the idea.  I’ve found that it’s much better for me to say, “God just had the idea pop into my head,” rather than to take the undeserved credit for it.  This passage reinforces that we are supposed to make sure we always give God the glory instead of using it as an opportunity to add a few more feathers to our cap.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.






This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.