I Go Through the Motions of Being a Follower of Christ...

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.  And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.  Praising God, and having favour with all the people.  And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.  Acts, Chapter 2, verses 44-47.

It’s difficult for me to imagine such total dedication to sharing the Word of God.  That would mean selling my house and giving the money to someone else.  That would mean not having a TV, VCR, furniture, bank account, etc.  Every aspect of my life would be focused on delivering the message of Salvation to others.  It makes me realize what a worldly life I still am leading even though I go through the motions of being a follower of Christ.
When it’s difficult to give up worldly possessions, it seems like they possess your soul!  Definitely something I need to work on, especially since I’m thinking about getting a new computer while I’m editing this rather than focusing on the message that this has for me.  Boy, do I ever need to get my priorities straight!

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

How would you share your faith with someone who doubts Scripture?
Thanks for clicking on comments below to share. Debbie



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.