God Wants Us to Be Followers Out of Blind Faith and Love

When they therefore were come together, they asked of Him, saying, Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?  And He said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons which the Father hath put in His own power.  Acts, Chapter 1, verses 6-7.

Although this isn’t really what this passage is about, it reminds me of when one of my grandsons was younger and we would ask him if he wanted to spend the day with us.  He wanted to know what we were going to do before he would commit to coming with us.
I don’t think it’s positive for us to foster the attitude that if we do something exciting enough, then he will grace us with his presence.  Out of stubbornness, I didn’t tell him what we were doing before he made his decision.  If he decided to go with us, he could do all the interesting things that we were going to do.  If not, that was okay too, because he has the ability to make his own choices.
Well, I think that God works in much the same way.  God doesn’t give us the dates of the major events of the world.  Or else we might reply, “Well, if I know what’s in it for me first, God, and I think it’s to my advantage, then I will consider being Your follower.”  God wants us to be His followers out of blind faith and love.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

 How would you share your faith with others to help them regain balance in their lives?
Thanks for clicking on comments below to share. Debbie


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.