Truth, Mommy. Truth...

For when the Gentiles, which have not the Law, do by nature the things contained in the Law, these, having not the Law, are a Law unto themselves: Which show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.  In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to My Gospel.  Romans, Chapter 2, verses 14-16.

Our family had a policy that if our children told the truth, there would be a lighter consequence to try to reinforce their being honest.  I remember hearing my pre-school aged son at the other end of the house saying, “Truth, Mommy.  Truth,” when he had done something that he knew he wasn’t supposed to do.
I’m proud to say that my children have grown to trust the instincts that God gives them through their conscience, much more than I ever did.

Here is a related passage:
*Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.  Hebrews, Chapter 13, verse 18.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.