The Peace Which Passes All Understanding

Verily, verily, I say unto you.  He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do it.  If ye love Me, Keep My Commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever.  John, Chapter 14, verses 12-16.

When my son was born, he had to be rushed to a large hospital hours away from us for a life-threatening surgery.  It can be pretty lonely when the nurses bring out the babies for their mothers to hold and your arms are empty.  Fortunately, the Comforter (Holy Spirit) had given me what I call the Peace Which Passes All Understanding.  It’s a calm feeling when I would normally be really upset or extremely concerned.  Instead, I felt at peace knowing that God was taking excellent care of things so that I shouldn’t worry…and He did!
Here is a related passage:
*Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the Peace of God, Which Passeth All Understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians, Chapter 4, verses 6-7.

Since this is an example of how I've applied these Bible passages in my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.