Often, I'm a "Self-Serving Christian"

But he that denieth Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.  And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.  Luke, Chapter 12, verses 9-10.

Sometimes I feel awkward talking to others about my faith in God.  I’m afraid they will shy away from me the same way I want to hide in my house when a particular religious group that has a belief that isn’t compatible with mine, comes knocking on my door.  I hate it that God sees all the times I’m afraid to risk on His behalf.  I want to be a strong Christian He can depend on, not the “Self-serving Christian” who is worried about what others think.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections